After years of buying marijuana seeds from all the top-selling cannabis seeds companies and dozens of lesser-known companies, we’ve learned that only a few cannabis seeds breeders are offering spectacular strains.
It’s a sad fact that most cannabis seeds companies sell you inferior copies of strains they didn’t create.
Or, they’re shilling poorly-made hybrid strains that offer nothing new, interesting, or exciting in smell, taste, yield, or psychoactive traits.
Or they get your money but you never receive the seeds, or you get the seeds but they don’t germinate or grow true to the strain descriptions.
The good news is we’ve found an impressive cannabis seeds company you’ve probably never heard of.
We discovered them by chance when a European grower shared some buds grown by someone else. They were from an outdoor non-feminized crop, and had seeds.
The buds didn’t look or smell like buds from the hundreds of marijuana strains that came on the market in the past 15 years, and we weren’t expecting anything special.
But after a couple of vape hits, we felt like we were in an up-elevator powered by rocket engines. We all noted a startling, distinct sensation combining dizziness, giddiness, and euphoria. One of us fell over laughing at the awesome power of this weed.
After that came three hours of visual and auditory near-hallucinations, a disorienting body high, and bursts of creativity and hilarity, followed by mild burnout.
What the hell was that, we asked ourselves. Finally we tracked down the grower, who told us this is a pure 100% Sativa landrace from Malawi, Africa, grown from seeds sold by a seed company we’d never heard of: ACE Seeds.
We did an indoor test grow with ACE Malawi seeds. In a room with three other strains, the Malawi shot up so fast in grow phase that we put the plants into bloom 20 days after germination.
The Malawi plants grew like beasts even though we repeatedly topped them. Had to be tied down to keep them from hitting the grow lights. Tied branches generated huge buds growing vertical. I estimate that if not topped and tied down, the plants would have been 8-10 feet tall, or taller.
For a pure Sativa, the buds were large and thick, with side branches managing to stay upright even though they were loaded with flowers.
Significant resin gland development didn’t start until five weeks into bloom phase. Mature resin glands were huge and clear until bloom phase week eleven, when a few started going amber or cloudy.
We harvested at 84 days. The buds dried to a beautiful golden color, and smelled like oranges, mango, vanilla, sandalwood, pine, and fuel.
The high was even more psychedelic and intense than the seeded buds we’d sampled initially. Note this: we are all long-time marijuana users who get high all the time. Any strain that breaks through our baseline high and hits hard has to be top-rank.
ACE gives you geographical and genetic lineage details about strain origins, precise lab-verified cannabinoid and terpenoid levels, resistance to gray mold, spider mites, powdery mildew, cold and heat, along with medical and psychoactive effects, scent, cultivation techniques, and a whole lot more.
ACE works hard to prevent the ongoing loss of cannabis genetic diversity and landrace habitat. As humans take over the planet, creating anthropogenic mass extinction, many species of plants and trees are extinguished forever.
With increasing cannabis hybridization, foundational strains are buried under mountains of amateurish interbreeding.
That’s why ACE preserves pure marijuana genetics in a living “marijuana library.”
By selling landrace strains and unicorn inbred lines and exquisite hybrids, ACE does its part to maintain the genetic diversity cannabis needs if it is to survive climate change, globalization, and the monopolistic corporate cannabis industry.
Our testing reveals that at least 65% of so-called feminized cannabis seeds from other seed companies show hermie bananas or go full hermie under stress conditions or if you let your plants grow past their ideal harvest date.
ACE has the courage to tell you if a strain has natural hermie tendencies. And when they tell you a strain absolutely will not go hermie under any circumstances, they’re not bullshitting.
ACE also shares accurate info about phenotype variation and the range of traits you get from seeds of the same strain.
Now let’s look at just a few of the amazing strains you get from ACE:
- Zamaldelica: Zamal is an exotic African Landrace sativa from Reunion Island, close to Madagascar, famous for its extreme vigor and legendary psychedelic effect. ACE selected a Zamal mother and a Golden Tiger father to create Zamaldelica, which rocks you with an extreme Sativa high. One reason it’s so strong: it has no CBD at all!
- Bangi Haze: This Haze makes Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze seem like schwag. It’s an F8 stabilized Congolese/Nepalese hybrid with incredible resistance to molds, mildews and humid/wet conditions that gives you a soaring Haze high. It does well indoors or outdoors in a variety of climates.
- Kali China: This is an F5 cross between the original Kali Mist and Chinese Yunnan genetics that took ten years to develop. The high combines Indica and Sativa influences for a very powerful psychedelic/body adventure.
- Panama: Old marijuana growers remember Panama Red, one of the strongest and prettiest strains from the early days of the cannabis growing industry and importation. ACE used three original Panama Sativas to create this one beautiful strain with pink and red pistils and a lovely high.
- Wailing Valley: High in the mountains of India, there’s a valley famous for cultivation of hashish plants. The valley is closed to almost all outsiders, so it’s astounding that ACE got in there to procure these genetics that give you a powerful blend of Sativa and Indica effects, along with massive terpene scents including intimate human female scent, patchouli, cherries, and wine.
- Pineapple Banana Bud: ACE used pure Hawaiian and Malawi Sativa to create this dessert strain that smells and tastes like cotton candy, bananas, pineapples. You get an immediate head rush and a long, euphoric, body-stoning high that has no burnout effect.
- Romulan BX1: Lovers of this legendary strain will appreciate the lengthy breeding project that created this extremely stable, high-yielding, Indica-dominant strain that delivers a wonderfully balanced, intense high.
- Purple Haze 23 A5: Decades in the making, this strain includes genetics from the original Neville’s Haze along with other elite old-school Haze lines. As with Bangi Haze, this strain blows away commercial “Haze” sold by Sensi Seeds and other companies, giving you a true Haze high that can change your life! This is a limited edition strain, so buy seeds while you still can.
You can spend hours on the ACE website making a shopping list and getting a cannabis genetics education at the same time. The backstory behind their strains is fascinating.
As with any seed company you haven’t tried before, be sure to contact ACE before ordering to find out about seed germination rates, what they’ll do regarding refunds or replacements if the seeds don’t perform well, and which of their strains will do best in your gardening situation.
When you’re ready for the pure Sativa experience, ACE has strains you’re sure to love.